What to do After an Auto Accident
Even the most careful drivers may be involved.
Have a set of cones, warning triangles, or emergency flares in your trunk to help alert traffic.
It also helps to have a pen and card with any relevant medical information for you and your family.
Immediately After an Accident
- Take a deep breath and stay calm.
- Check for injuries; call an ambulance when in doubt.
- If an accident is minor, move cars to a safe place, out of traffic.
- Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Notify your insurance agent immediately.